Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roger Ebert's Rice Cooker Book: Disappointing, Alas

Don't even read beyond the title. I am sooooo disappointed. I requested that the library order this book and I got a call when it came in. Opened with anticipation....and there's just not much there. Most of the (mediocre)recipes are on his blog, and recipes make up only about 20% of this short book.

You do get Ebert's wit and wisdom, but that too is mostly stuff from his blog. I will desist, because you can read the reviews on Amazon.

I wasn't going to mention this at all, but I did write about the book several times.

So, if you want a rice cooker cookbook, the best is probably

If you're looking for a simple system to begin cooking in a restricted situation (like a dorm), check out our little tome. There are a number or rice cooker recipes there.

P.S. I still love Roger Ebert.

No comments:

Post a Comment